In the year 2018, a total of 149,337 cycles of IVF were carried out in assisted reproduction centres across Spain, which is a 6% increase over 2017, according to data from the Spanish Health Ministry.
The rise of assisted reproduction is due to the fertility problems that couples or single women who want to have a baby, are experiencing nowadays. According to the Spanish Fertility Society, 17% of Spanish couples who are trying to get pregnant require an infertility assessment.
Furthermore, approximately 30% of the infertility cases are due to factors in the woman, another 30% in the male, 20% in both the man and woman, and the remaining 20% are due to infertility of unknown origin.
WHAT ARE THE 3 KEY FACTORS FOR AN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION CLINIC TO OFFER A PREGNANCY GUARANTEE?
The best assisted reproduction centres share these three key factors:
- Provision of a Pregnancy and Live Birth Guarantee Plan, to strive for a successful pregnancy.
- Offer the best assisted reproduction treatments, in a personalised and individualised manner.
- Have a team of professionals with plenty of experience in fertility and assisted reproduction.
Furthermore, they should have a quality policy based on:
- Continuous improvement of their processes.
- Incorporation of the latest technologies.
- Meet the demands of their patients.
- Comply with the different regulations.
- Provide training and development of their staff.
- Corporate social responsibility
PREGNANCY AND LIVE BIRTH GUARANTEE
The fact that an assisted reproduction centre has a Pregnancy Guarantee Plan reflects the professionalism and quality of its service. In addition, it provides patients with:
- Peace of mind while trying to conceive, with the knowledge that the assisted reproduction centre has committed to achieving it.
- Assurance that the treatment will be a success, and if the desired pregnancy is not achieved the whole cost will be reimbursed.
At Ovoclinic, we have Pregnancy and Live Birth Guarantee plans with the following advantages:
- Each program has a duration of 24 months. At the discretion of the medical direction, this may be extended by a further 6 months.
- Patients will undergo a medical evaluation by our experts. Thanks to the different analyses and tests, you can have a treatment plan in which each of the steps is personalised and individual for your particular case.
- We refund 100% of the amount if pregnancy is not achieved.
WHAT TREATMENTS ARE INCLUDED IN A PREGNANCY GUARANTEE PLAN?
At Ovoclinic we focus primarily on three programs in our Pregnancy and Live Birth Guarantee Plans:
In Vitro Fertilisation. In this case, pregnancy is achieved using conventional IVF and ICSI (Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection).
Donor Egg IVF. Thanks to the Ovobank egg bank, we can find the most compatible donor to perform this treatment with eggs from an anonymous donor.
Mixed. This program uses cycles of in vitro fertilisation with own eggs and if pregnancy is not achievable, the egg donation program will be started with no limit to the number of tries, until the termination of the plan.
As we have previously mentioned, it is important that an assisted reproduction centre commits to a personalised treatment that is tailored to your situation and to refund your money if pregnancy is not achieved.
THE BEST ASSISTED REPRODUCTION TREATMENTS
- An assisted reproduction centre should offer the treatments of in vitro fertilisation and donor egg IVF. Additionally, as is the case with Ovoclinic, you should bear in mind that you can:
- Have access to embryo donation. In this case you can adopt embryos from patients that no longer need them after their own treatments have finished. Once selected, an embryo transfer is programmed.
- Perform frozen embryo transfer. Frozen embryo transfer (FET) consists of the transfer of embryos that have previously been cryopreserved (frozen).
- Egg preservation via vitrification. Thanks to the egg freezing technique, you can preserve your fertility in the face of any circumstances, for example a voluntary delay in trying to conceive or medical problems.
- Opt for reciprocal IVF (co IVF). Co IVF is a technique designed for same sex female couples. The assisted reproduction treatment is shared between both women, with one providing the egg, and the other partner being the gestational mother.
PERSONNEL AT THE ASSISTED REPRODUCTION CENTER
The personnel of an assisted reproduction team should be formed by professionals qualified in different fertility techniques, and in the distinct reproductive treatments. Furthermore, they should be able to treat the patient with the required sensitivity.
The team of an assisted reproduction clinic should count on:
- Medical directors: in charge of all the treatments of the different patients.
- Gynaecologists. Responsible for studying the fertility problems that the patients may have and offering solutions.
- Andrologists. Study male sexual and reproductive health, providing the best treatments for each case.
- Embryologists. Fertility specialists who work in the laboratory, performing procedures such as IVF.
- Laboratory technicians. Work alongside the embryologists to aid them in their work.
- Nurses. Carry out all the analyses and tests of the patients.
- Patient care team. Usually the first point of contact for a patient with an assisted reproduction clinic, and will provide a point of contact and support for the patients during the whole treatment.
WHAT SHOULD THE PROFESSIONALS OF AN ASSISTED REPRODUCTION CENTRE BE LIKE?
Assisted reproduction centres should have a team of specialists who are guided by high standards of professionalism and quality. For example, at Ovoclinic, our team is formed by reproductive medicine specialists with more than 20 years of experience.
It is just as important that the embryologists are highly qualified in all the necessary techniques and with plenty of experience in fertility treatments. Alongside these two branches, it is fundamental to have a full nursing team. Furthermore, it is important that the staff have international experience in the field of reproductive medicine, so that patients can be attended to correctly, whatever their nationality, as is the case in Ovoclinic.
We would like to invite you to share your opinion of Ovoclinic on our social networks. To stay up to date, follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.