What DOES IT CONSIST OF?
Who is it for?
- Couples that have vitrified embryos from previous cycles
- Couples who resort to embryo donation
- Couples who resort to genetic diagnosis with delayed transfer.
- When certain indicators have altered levels such as high oestradiol and progesterone, endometrial thicknesses above or below optimal values, personal decisions.
As in a cycle with fresh embryos, the patient must undergo an estrogen-based endometrial preparation treatment so that the endometrium presents the appropriate thickness on the day of transfer.
A few hours after thawing, the embryo is transferred to the patient’s uterus. This process is performed following the same procedure as with fresh embryos, so it is completely painless and does not require the patient to be sedated.
- What is the name and what does the freezing technique consist of?
- o The process is known as vitrification and it is a technique that combines rapid cooling rates with high concentrations of cryoprotectant, allowing a higher survival rates and the subsequent implantation of embryos.
- Why are pregnancy rates with frozen embryo transfers sometimes better than those with fresh embryos?
- The hormonal environment in the uterus is very important and it has been seen that sometimes it can affect the uterine implantation. This is the reason why in certain cases a decision is made to postpone fresh transfer and perform a frozen embryo transfer at a later date.
- Do children born from a frozen embryo transfer have a higher risk associated with having a disorder?
- According to various studies, children born by this technique do not present greater risks compared to fresh transfers.
voclinic opened in January 2019, so there are no reliable data for statistics yet. the success rates shown correspond to those of our headquarters in Marbella. The percentages presented in this section have been divided as follows:
Beta-hCG positive: Extracted from the level of beta-hCG hormone (β-hcg) in blood 10 to 12 days after embryo transfer. This is the hormone produced by the body after the embryo implants in the uterus, making it an excellent indicator of the early existence of pregnancy.
Clinical Pregnancy:: Around the fifth week of pregnancy the gestational sac appears, a small sac of about two millimetres that surrounds the embryo. Its presence on the first ultrasound is a good sign that the embryo has successfully implanted in the endometrium.
SEF: Spanish Fertility Society is a scientific non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote studies related to fertility and assisted human reproduction. This organization publishes an annual report with different success rates in assisted reproduction treatments based on the results obtained by Spanish fertility clinics. The data shown here are from latest report published by the SEF.